BBB started to help Brides on a budget, so just how budget can we go?
I already had Primark’s cosmetics in my make up bag; various eyelashes and lip liners. On a daily basis, I found myself reaching for them more than my pricey high end brands, the pigments and longevity was impressive.
After deciding to put the rest of the range to the test, I headed off to my local Primark. I managed to purchase everything I need to apply a full face of make up for £27.00! One of my NARS foundation alone costs more.
The cosmetics I bought above, are not the only range available to buy, there are many different variations of the foundations/concealers/eyeshadow palettes/lipsticks – I just went for the cheapest option, to see just how budget we can go.
I filmed myself using the cosmetics for the first time, so you get to see just how well they apply, without ‘perfecting’ the use of the products – all bloopers included. You can watch the video here – Full Face using Primark Cosmetics .
Quick Pros & Cons of each product are below, teamed with a Final Look Photo!… The best bit is THERE IS NO FLASH BACK – So perfect for Bridal Photography. 🙂
- Eye Pencil Duo – Pros: 2 pencil pack + FREE sharpener, highly pigmented and long wearing. Cons: N/A
- Stay all Day Primer – Pros: Really rich and creamy texture, Long lasting Cons: N/A
- Complete Face Palette – Pros: Good value for money, contour shade is a lovely colour, all in one palette perfect for mini breaks! Cons: Pans are not securely fixed to the palette, smells a bit funky, eyeshadow has a lot of fallout (use a shield or tape to help – do eyes first).
- Liquid Foundation –Pros: Super bargain, decent coverage and buildable Cons: Smells a bit soapy, lasting powder isn’t fantastic
- Foundation Stick (used as concealer) – Pros: Good coverage Cons: Really thick texture, heavy product, has that soapy smell
- Primer Water – : Pros: Smells lovely, a lot of product for the price Cons: NONE
- Beauty Blender – Pros: Beauty Blenders are one of my Holy Grail Products, they’re always so perfect.
- Lashes – Pros: LOVE LOVE LOVE them Cons: NONE.
- Waterproof Mascara – Pros: Waterproof, long lasting Cons: Transfers product to your eyelid (try not to look up), if you apply too many coats it starts to get clumpy
- Eyebrow Pencil – Pros: Highly Pigmented Cons: Use a light touch if you do not want a dramatic colour
- Felt Tip Eyeliner – Pros: So pigmented, brilliant value for money Cons: I have been spoilt with the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, so I am used to a silky glide from my pen, this felt more like I was dragging the product along however, prior to using KVD this pen would be perfect.
- Liquid Matte Lipstick – Pros: Long lasting, easy to apply Cons: I personally find it drying, but I don’t like a matte look so slightly biased.
The Finished Look
Ladies, if you haven’t tried anything from Primark yet, I suggest you get yourself down there – you can’t get much more purse friendlier than this.